Head Start Assistant Teacher / Teacher’s Aide – Osakis
WCMCA Head Start has an opening for an Assistant Teacher / Teacher’s Aide to assist the lead teacher to provide a high-quality, safe learning environment for 3 to 5-year old children at the Osakis Head Start Center.
Primary Responsibility of the Seasonal, Full-Time Position will include:
Support the lead teacher in lesson planning, daily classroom responsibilities, and assist with strengthening family engagement.
Starting wage is $10.74-$14.31 per hour depending on qualifications and includes a benefits package.
- Work directly with children in context of the program plan and curriculum. (Engage children during mealtime, participate in play activities and bus ride experiences)
- As a member of the center team, participate in center lesson planning and operations, and the execution of those plans.
- Observe and record children’s behavior and development to make recommendations on meeting children’s individual needs.
- Ensure safety of Head Start Children. Report accidents, illnesses or child abuse and neglect.
- Assist with the preparation of indoor and outdoor space for planned activities including supplies and materials, ensuring the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment. (Inspect, clean and monitor indoor and outdoor space, monitor food safety, assist with fire & tornado drills, clean tables and sanitize toys, complete safety checks twice a year, assist with First Aid checks)
- Welcome and support families in their participation in Head Start.
- Act as community advocate and resource for Head Start families.
- Participate in all required training including First Aid that is necessary for certification/licensure regulations.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems, unusual or extraordinary matters of significance coming to his/her attention, so that prompt corrective action can be taken as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor, including participation in Agency and program committees.
- $10.74/hour rate: Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalency with the expectation to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- $14.31/hour rate: Minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or AA in Early Childhood Education
- Interest and experience in working with young children
- Ability to exercise patience and understanding when working with children
- Meet minimum standards per Head Start Performance Standards and Minnesota Rule 3 Licensing
- Ability to follow instructions; good oral communication skills
- Meet physical abilities: must be able to lift 50 lbs; and daily kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor to attend to children’s needs
- General knowledge of the Head Start program
- Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse backgrounds and cultures
Position open until filled.
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.
For questions regarding job openings and/or the online job application processes, please contact Frannie Hunter at 218-685-7026.