Early Head Start Teacher/Home Visitor- Wadena, MN
Full Time, Permananant
Starting Pay: $19.83-21.82/hr
- Adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Agency.
- Provide friendly, responsive service to the public, community organizations and to those we serve.
- With a respectful and positive attitude, work with families and children with diverse backgrounds.
- Support, develop and maintain productive relationships to carry out expectations of the position.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all records and interpersonal interactions.
- Serve as an advocate.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with community partners and co-workers.
- Participate in Agency-wide and program events.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Minimum of CDA (Child Development) Associate or AA in Early Childhood education
- One (1) year work related experience
- Meet minimum standards per Head Start Performance Standards and Minnesota Rule 3 Licensing
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage
- General knowledge of the Head Start program
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse backgrounds and cultures
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION ARE:
- Establish goals with parents for all children and oversee the development of appropriate lesson plans and their implementation
- Conduct home visits to facilitate learning and guiding parents toward answering their own questions
- Develop family and community partnerships
- Assist families in their own efforts to improve family life and connect them with the appropriate resources
- Hold family events to support program goals in collaboration with community events, when possible
- Be familiar with community resources and collaborate with other organizations when possible
- Implement ongoing outreach and recruitment to ensure full enrollment
- Plan with the family to create and maintain a positive environment allowing for each child’s individual needs
- Work directly with children in the context of the program plan
- As the lead person facilitate a process that will result in center lesson planning and observations.
- Observe and record children’s development and plan modifications to meet children’s individual needs
- Act as site facilitator in implementing events for children and families
- Collaborate and supervise to ensure efficient and effective site operations
- Understand and implement appropriate documentation processes
- Aid in the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment for children and families at events
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems, unusual or extraordinary matters of significance coming to his/her attention, so that prompt corrective action can be taken as needed
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor, including participation in Agency and program committees
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; each with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.