Economic Empowerment Advocate – Alexandria Office
WCMCA is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to administer projects and initiatives for the VITA Tax Site, Mortgage Foreclosure, Pre-purchase Counseling; facilitate Financial Literacy and Tenant Education classes and other projects as assigned; and collaborate with all divisions of West Central MN Communities Action and conduct community outreach activities.
Starting wage is $21.46-$27.90 per hour dependent on qualifications, and includes a benefits package: health, dental, vision and life insurance; 403B with match; Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Associates degree in business, accounting, finance, or human services related field
- 2-4 years of related experience and/or training in delivering case management services
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to conduct human service activities
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Ability to secure Foreclosure Prevention Certification
- Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage
- Bachelor’s degree in degree in business, accounting, finance, or human services related field preferred
- Home Stretch Training Certification desired
- Professional experience working for or collaborating with a CAP agency
- Knowledge of mortgage foreclosure process, collaborators, partners, and community resources or related programs; data privacy laws; lending underwriting guidelines; mortgage loan programs; real estate agency; credit resolution; financial management; and grant request proposals.
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse backgrounds and cultures
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.
For questions regarding job openings and/or the online job application processes, please contact Frannie Hunter at 218-685-7026.