Energy Assistance Program Data Entry/Receptionist
WCMCA is currently hiring an Energy Assistance Data Entry/Receptionist in our Elbow Lake office to provide clerical and office support to
Energy Assistance staff.
This is a full-time, seasonal position, with a starting pay of $14.55 per hour and includes an excellent benefits package with paid time off and paid holidays.
- Provides clerical and computer support to Energy Assistance staff
- Adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Agency.
- Provide friendly, responsive service to the public, community organizations and to those we serve.
- With a respectful and positive attitude, work with low-income individuals and families with diverse backgrounds.
- Support, develop and maintain productive relationships required to carry out job activities.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all records and interpersonal interactions.
- Serve as an advocate for clients.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with community partners and co-workers.
- Participate in Agency-wide and program events such as but not limited to food drops, community Impact meetings, Fair booths, and community expo events.
- Education equal to high school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in computer operation
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of paperless file retention software
- Knowledge of filing and other standard general office procedures
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to accurately type 45 wpm
- Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage
- General knowledge of the Energy Assistance program
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse backgrounds and cultures
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION ARE:
- Make and receive phone calls for the EAP, Provide clients with application status updates, and route calls to the appropriate EAP staff member.
- Open, date, stamp, and distribute mail for EAP program.
- Data entry into multiple programs including upload of scanned files to Laserfiche paperless retention software.
- Maintain accurate, well-documented, complete records and files.
- Perform clerical duties to support EAP department.
- Provide information to families and make appropriate referrals to outside organizations.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems, unusual or extraordinary matters of significance coming to his/her attention, so that prompt corrective action can be taken as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; each with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WCMCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITYAFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.