Head Start Assistant Teacher / Teacher’s Aide – Wadena Site
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Teacher / Teacher’s Aide to assist the lead teacher in providing a high quality, safe learning environment for 3 to 5-year-old children at the Wadena Head Start Center. This is a seasonal, full-time position – 38-40 hours per week.
Primary responsibilities of the full-time position will include:
- Support the lead teacher in lesson planning, daily classroom responsibilities and assist with strengthening family engagement.
Starting wage is $10.78 – $14.36 per hour depending on qualifications, and includes a benefits package.
- $10.78 / hour rate: Must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalency with the expectation to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
- $14.36 / hour rate: Minimum of a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or AA in Early Childhood Education
- Meet minimum standards per Head Start Performance Standards and Minnesota Rule 3 Licensing
- Ability to exercise patience and understanding when working with children
- Ability to follow instructions, good oral communication skills
- Meet physical abilities: must be able to lift 50 lbs.; and daily kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor to attend to children’s needs
- General knowledge of the Head Start program
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse backgrounds and cultures
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.
For questions regarding job openings and/or the online job application processes, please contact Frannie Hunter at 218-685-7026.