Head Start Assistant Teacher – Brandon, MN
WCMCA Head Start has an opening for a Part-Time Assistant Teacher to assist the lead teacher to provide a high-quality, safe learning environment for 3 to 5-year old children In the Head Start Classroom.
Support the lead teacher in lesson planning, daily classroom responsibilities, and assist with strengthening family engagement.
- Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalency with the expectation to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) within 2 years of hire.
- Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or AA in Early Childhood Education
- Interest and experience in working with young children
- Ability to exercise patience and understanding when working with children
- Meet minimum standards per Head Start Performance Standards and Minnesota Rule 3 Licensing
- Ability to follow instructions; good oral communication skills
- Meet physical abilities: must be able to lift 50 lbs; and daily kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor to attend to children’s needs
- General knowledge of the Head Start program
- Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage
- Demonstrated understanding of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Work directly with children in context of the program plan and curriculum. (Engage children during mealtime, participate in play activities and bus ride experiences)
- As a member of the center team, participate in center lesson planning and operations, and the execution of those plans.
- Observe and record children’s behavior and development to make recommendations on meeting children’s individual needs.
- Ensure safety of Head Start Children. Report accidents, illnesses or child abuse and neglect.
- Assist with the preparation of indoor and outdoor space for planned activities including supplies and materials, ensuring the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment. (Inspect, clean and monitor indoor and outdoor space, monitor food safety, assist with fire & tornado drills, clean tables and sanitize toys, complete safety checks twice a year, assist with First Aid checks)
- Welcome and support families in their participation in Head Start.
- Act as community advocate and resource for Head Start families.
- Participate in all required training including First Aid/CPR that is necessary for certification/licensure regulations.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems, unusual or extraordinary matters of significance coming to his/her attention, so that prompt corrective action can be taken as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor, including participation in agency and program committees.
Position open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.