Tax Administrative Assistant
Administer VITA tax sites for West Central Minnesota Communities Action, Inc.
- Adhere to Agency policies and procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Agency.
- Provide friendly, responsive service to the public, community organizations and to those we serve.
- With a respectful and positive attitude, work with low-income individuals and families with diverse backgrounds.
- Support, develop and maintain productive relationships required to carry out job activities.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of all records and interpersonal interactions.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with community partners and co-workers.
- Participate in Agency-wide and program events.
- Associates degree in business, accounting, finance, or human services related field
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to conduct human service activities
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel as needed
- Proof of valid driver’s license and current/adequate vehicle insurance coverage
Manages the following positions:
- Vita Tax Site
- Must be able to complete required training and pass certification tests
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers to ensure the highest quality of program services by adhering to program policies and procedures.
- Follow procedures to ensure that all customer information is secure and private.
- Assist with day-to-day activities at one or more seasonal tax sites in conjunction with program director and tax site coordinator:
- Making Tax appointments for clients, follow up call if needed, etc.
- Assist site coordinator with electronic-filing procedures (training provided)
- Assist in volunteer tax preparation process
- Prepare computers and tax materials for each tax session
- Answer volunteer and customer tax/procedure questions
- Assist with coordination of program services with on-site agency staff.
- Work cooperatively with other WCMCA volunteers and staff to assure the tax site runs smoothly and provides high quality service to customers, to include recruiting and training of volunteers
- Some evening work may be required.
- Assist program manager/tax site coordinator in compiling reports including data, narrative and fiscal as well as monthly program statistics and necessary data entry.
- Obtain required certifications, including needed CEU’s
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of all problems, unusual or extraordinary matters of significance coming to his/her attention, so that prompt corrective action can be taken as needed
Americans with Disabilities Act
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; each with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Build Your Online Job Profile
Potential employees MUST complete the online application process in order to be considered for a position.