The Board of Directors provides the continuity on which the organization is based.
Individual members of the staff and the Board come and go, but the entity of the Board exists as long as the organization does. Individual members of the Board, together, form a corporate body that has the overall responsibility for the organization. Board members generally assume responsibilities in the following areas:
- Attend Board meetings and know how to actively participate
- Set policy and establish goals for the Agency
- Provide guidance to the Executive Director
- Maintain a proper relationship with staff
- Ensure adequate financing of the Agency and see that money is responsibly spent
- Actively support the Agency and Chief Executive Officer and Fiscal Services Director
- Make a written plan that outlines the long-term goals of the Agency
West Central MN Communities Action, Inc. governing documents, Conflict of Interest policy, and financial statements are available by contacting Missy Becker-Cook or Heather Carlson at 218.685.4486, Ext. 0.