Emergency & Accessibility Loan Program (ELP)
About the Program
WCMCA is the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) approved lender for the Emergency & Accessibility Loan Program (ELP) for the following counties: Grant, Traverse, and Wilkin.
The Emergency & Accessibility Loan Program (ELP) can be utilized if an emergency is identified that threatens household members’ health and safety. If an emergency is identified and there are other deficiencies that need to be addressed, the borrower could receive both Rehabilitation Loan Program (RLP) and ELP funds.
How much money could I receive for my home improvement project?
- Emergency & Accessibility Loan Program (ELP) – up to $15,000
What are the terms of the loan?
ELP is a deferred loan, up to 15 years, which means no interest and no payments during the life of the loan. The loan is forgiven when the term is reached provided the borrower occupies and owns the property during the entire loan term.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Occupy and own the property
- Be current on any mortgage payments, if applicable
- Be current on all property taxes
- Have proof of home insurance
- Have assets less than $25,000
- Have applied for Weatherization (receives Energy Assistance)
- Fall at or below the following income limits
|Household Size||Income Limits|
How to Apply
For more information, please contact Megan Radermacher.
Megan Radermacher, Administrative Assistant
Toll Free Phone: 800-492-4805, Ext. 4
Fax Number: 320-335-2463
Attn: Megan Radermacher
1910 Aga Drive - Suite 206
Alexandria, MN 56308