Energy Assistance Program
About the Program
Households who received Energy Assistance in 2021-2022 will automatically receive a 2022-2023 application in the mail from the Minnesota Department of Commerce and new applicants can download an application or may request one by calling our office.
Energy Assistance is a program that is designed to assist income eligible households with the cost of energy/heating their homes. Everyone deserves affordable, continuous, and safe home energy services. If you encounter issues with home heating and/or electricity, we can help you with bill payment assistance, crisis benefits, and furnace repair/replacements. In addition, we can provide information about utility consumer rights and referrals to our Energy Conservation services and other community agencies.
Many Minnesotans spend over 25% of their income on utility bills. Do you need help with your heating, electric or water bills? WCMCA is here to help!
Low-income household water assistance crisis program is available for all eligible EAP households who have one of the following situations:
- Currently shutoff with connected water services
- Scheduled water disconnection
- Past due billing
In addition to the Energy Assistance Funding, programs such as Reach Out for Warmth, and the Crisis Program may be available if you’ve already exhausted your energy assistance award. Please contact WCMCA to inquire.
For more information regarding the Energy Assistance Program within the state of Minnesota, please see the MN Dept of Commerce website.
The Energy Assistance Program is available to any Minnesota resident who is a homeowner or renter in Clay, Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin counties.
- Renters and homeowners are eligible.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $300 to $1,400, based on household size, income, & fuel cost.
- The average grant is about $450.
In addition to the initial grant, additional Crisis funds are available to help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery. There is also the ability to help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced.
Eligibility guidelines are revised yearly.
- Call us at 1-800-492-4805 option 1 with questions and to request an application.
- Mail your completed application and supporting documents to 411 Industrial Park Blvd Elbow Lake, MN 56531 or drop it off in the EAP application drop-box outside of our building at 411 Industrial Park Blvd Elbow Lake, MN 56531
218-685-4486, Ext. 1
800-492-4805, Ext 1
Energy Assistance Program
411 Industrial Park Boulevard
Elbow Lake, MN 56531