Energy Assistance Program
About the Program
Energy Assistance is a program that is designed to assist income eligible households with the cost of energy/heating their homes. Everyone deserves affordable, continuous, and safe home energy services. If you encounter issues with home heating and/or electricity, we can help you with bill payment assistance, crisis benefits, and furnace repair/replacements. In addition, we can provide information about utility consumer rights and referrals to our Energy Conservation services and other community agencies.
In addition to the Energy Assistance Funding, programs such as Reach Out for Warmth, and the Crisis Program may be available if you’ve already exhausted your energy assistance award. Please contact WCMCA to inquire.
For more information regarding the Energy Assistance Program within the state of Minnesota, please see the MN Dept of Commerce website.
The Energy Assistance Program is available to any Minnesota resident who is a homeowner or renter in Clay, Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin counties.
- Renters and homeowners are eligible.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $300 to $1,600, based on household size, income, & fuel cost.
- The average grant is about $500.
In addition to the initial grant, additional Crisis funds are available to help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery. There is also the ability to help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced.
Eligibility guidelines are revised yearly. The following are the income guidelines for the 2021-2022.
|If you sign application in:||Send proof of gross income received in the months of:||For EAP, your household income cannot be more than these income guidelines for three (3) months:|
|Dec 2020||Sept, Oct, Nov 2020||1||$8,809|
|January 2021||Oct, Nov, Dec 2020||2||$11,520|
|February 2021||Nov, Dec, Jan 2021||3||$14,230|
|March 2021||Dec, Jan, Feb 2021||4||$16,941|
|April 2021||Jan, Feb, March 2021||5||$19,651|
|May 2021||Feb, March, April 2021||6||$22,362|
|June 2021||March, April, May 2021||7||$22,870|
|July 2021||April, May, June 2021||8||$23,378|
|August 2021||May, June, July 2021||9||$23,887|
|September 2021||June, July, August 2021|
How to Apply
- Call us at 1-800-492-4805 option 1 with questions and to request an application.
- Or print this application: EAP Application
- Mail your completed application and supporting documents to 411 Industrial Park Blvd Elbow Lake, MN 56531or drop it off in the EAP application drop-box outside of our building at 411 Industrial Park Blvd Elbow Lake, MN 56531
Phone: 218-685-4486, Ext. 1
Toll Free Phone: 800-492-4805, Ext 1
Fax Number: 218-685-6742
Energy Assistance Program
411 Industrial Park Boulevard
Elbow Lake, MN 56531