Energy Assistance Program
About the Program
Program year 2023/2024 Application mailing has started.
*If you have applied and were approved in the previous year, MN Commerce will send you an application. If you are new to Energy Assistance please please click the link for a downloadable application or follow the link for access to the full service online application. https://energy-assistance.web.commerce.state.mn.us/
Energy Assistance is a program that is designed to assist income eligible households with the cost of energy/heating their homes. Everyone deserves affordable, continuous, and safe home energy services. If you encounter issues with home heating and/or electricity, we can help you with bill payment assistance, crisis benefits, and furnace repair/replacements. In addition, we can provide information about utility consumer rights and referrals to our Energy Conservation services and other community agencies.
Many Minnesotans spend over 25% of their income on utility bills. Do you need help with your heating, electric or water bills? WCMCA is here to help!
In addition to the Energy Assistance Funding, programs such as Reach Out for Warmth, and the Crisis Program may be available if you’ve already exhausted your energy assistance award. Please contact WCMCA to inquire.
For more information regarding the Energy Assistance Program within the state of Minnesota, please see the MN Dept of Commerce website.
The Minnesota Low Income Water Assistance Program application period has ended funding is not set to be renewed for the upcoming program year.
The Energy Assistance Program is available to any Minnesota resident who is a homeowner or renter in Clay, Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens, Traverse and Wilkin counties.
- Renters and homeowners are encouraged to apply.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $200 to $1,400, based on household size, income, & fuel cost.
- The average grant is about $450.
In addition to the initial grant, additional Crisis funds are available to help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery. There is also the ability to help homeowners get their non-functioning furnace repaired or replaced.
Eligibility guidelines are revised yearly.
Full service online application https://energy-assistance.web.commerce.state.mn.us/
- Call us at 1-800-492-4805 option 1 with questions and to request an application via postal mail.
- Request an application via email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your completed application and supporting documents to 411 Industrial Park Blvd Elbow Lake, MN 56531 or drop it off in the EAP application drop-box outside one of our building locations: Elbow Lake: 411 Industrial Park Blvd Elbow Lake, MN 56531. Alexandria: 1910 Aga Dr Alexandria, MN 56308. Moorhead: 715 11th St N Moorhead, MN 56560.
- All applications must be Postmarked and or received by our office no later than 5/31/2024.
218-685-4486, Ext. 1
800-492-4805, Ext 1
Energy Assistance Program
411 Industrial Park Boulevard
Elbow Lake, MN 56531