Ready Ride – Ages 18 – 59 – Prime West Insurance Coverage – For Medical Rides Only
About the Program
West Central Minnesota Communities Action, in partnership with Prime West Insurance, is able to offer our Ready Ride Volunteer Driver Program to adults aged 18 – 59, who have current Medical Assistance coverage through Prime West Insurance.
This service is for medical rides only. Our Volunteer Drivers are not permitted to act as a “Responsible Party” for clients who are being discharged from a medical facility after receiving general anesthesia. However, if you arrange for a friend or family member to accompany the Driver and act as the Responsible Party, that would be fine.
Ready Ride is available to residents in Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens and Traverse counties.
- Rides can range from short trips to longer trips for various medical appointments or to pick up medications from a pharmacy
- Riders must reside in our 5 – county service area: Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens & Traverse
- Rides must originate within 5 – county service area: Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens & Traverse
- Rides may go outside of the 5 – county service area for appointments
- Volunteer drivers use their own vehicles to provide the rides
- Scheduling rides should be done a week in advance which allows time to find a volunteer driver
- Guidelines, in response to COVID-19, are included for both volunteer drivers and riders
For more information on processes regarding the Ready Ride – ages 18-59 client services, for those on Medical Assistance through Prime West Insurance, please select the link below for an informational packet.
Become A Volunteer
Volunteering is rewarding as this program helps older adults maintain their independence. Be part of the team and feel good about giving back to your community.
- Pick your schedule and driving area
- Mileage reimbursement available
Call Ready Ride for volunteer opportunities: 218-685-RIDE (7433)
Adults aged 18 – 59, who have current Medical Assistance coverage through Prime West Insurance. This service is for medical rides only.
There is an application process for the Ready Ride Program, so please contact us and we will mail and / or email the application to you.
If you have any questions or wish to know more about the Ready Ride program, please let us know.
We truly appreciate this partnership with you as we work together to provide transportation to those in need.
John Przybylski, Administrative Assistant – Transportation
*Initial point of contact for questions, information and scheduling rides
firstname.lastname@example.org | 218-685-7433
To schedule a ride or to volunteer, call: 218-685-RIDE (7433)
John Przybylski, Administrative Assistant - Transportation
411 Industrial Park Boulevard
Elbow Lake, MN 56531