Rehabilitation Loan Program (RLP)
About the Program
WCMCA is the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) approved lender for the Rehabilitation Loan Program (RLP) for the following counties: Grant, Traverse, and Wilkin.
The Rehabilitation Loan Program (RLP) can help qualified households afford basic improvements to the safety, livability, energy efficiency and accessibility of the home. If an emergency is identified and there are other deficiencies that need to be addressed, the borrower could receive both RLP and ELP funds.
How much money could I receive for my home improvement project?
- Rehabilitation Loan Program (RLP) – up to $27,000
What are the terms of the loan?
RLP is a deferred loan, up to 15 years, which means no interest and no payments during the life of the loan. The loan is forgiven when the term is reached provided the borrower occupies and owns the property during the entire loan term.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Occupy and own the property
- Be current on any mortgage payments, if applicable
- Be current on all property taxes
- Have proof of home insurance
- Have assets less than $25,000
- Have applied for Weatherization (receives Energy Assistance)
- Fall at or below the following income limits
|Household Size||Income Limits|
How to Apply
For more information, please contact Janelle Bennett.
Janelle Bennett, Housing Coordinator
Phone: 320-304-3458, Ext. 7214
Toll Free Phone: 800-492-4805
Fax Number: 320-335-2463
Attn: Janelle Bennett
1910 Aga Drive - Suite 206
Alexandria, MN 56308